Question: Too Much Masturbation?

gingerbread - Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:25 am

Well, I must admit, I am very embarrassed asking. Thank god for the internet, forums, and the ability to post anonymously.

I am a 17 year old, almost 18 year old male. Normal Health, weight (160 lbs), height (5'11"), no drug/ other unhealthy habits, etc. etc.

My concern is my masturbation habits: I am a frequent masturbator. I do it once a day, average. My concern is that it will affect my reproductively ability in the future. Is masturbating this much harmful for my body?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:10 pm

To my knowledge,
Masturbating frequently is said by many not to cause any physical, mental or emotional risk in itself, but concerns about the effect on general heath as it is process that needs energy.

Other concerns by others include , trauma to the penis has been reported and later Peyronie's disease and Phimosis may occur.

When masturbation becomes very frequent and compulsive affecting the normal activity and work, masturbation may be seen as one of the signs of a sexual addiction and consultation should be considered.