Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Too Much Masturbation?

gingerbread - Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:25 am

Well, I must admit, I am very embarrassed asking. Thank god for the internet, forums, and the ability to post anonymously.

I am a 17 year old, almost 18 year old male. Normal Health, weight (160 lbs), height (5'11"), no drug/ other unhealthy habits, etc. etc.

My concern is my masturbation habits: I am a frequent masturbator. I do it once a day, average. My concern is that it will affect my reproductively ability in the future. Is masturbating this much harmful for my body?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:10 pm

User avatar Hello,

To my knowledge,
Masturbating frequently is said by many not to cause any physical, mental or emotional risk in itself, but concerns about the effect on general heath as it is process that needs energy.

Other concerns by others include , trauma to the penis has been reported and later Peyronie's disease and Phimosis may occur.

When masturbation becomes very frequent and compulsive affecting the normal activity and work, masturbation may be seen as one of the signs of a sexual addiction and consultation should be considered.

Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us