Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Too quickly intercourse

Shahid Ahmed - Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:57 am

Age = 31 Years
Sex = Male

I have a problem with intercourse. I have recently got married about 8 months ago. My problem is that, when I do intercourse, It hardly completes in one minute. In other words, my intercourse duration is only one minute and semens got out more quickly. Please tell me know, is too quickly intercourse causes for non pregnancy as my wife is not pregnant till yet.

Your advise is highly appreciated as I am much frustrated due to this problem.
I shall be thankful for your kind advise.

Shahid Ahmed
shahid_mgh@yahoo.com
[/b]
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:33 am

User avatar Hello,

Premature ejaculation (PE) is the commonest sexual dysfunction in males younger than 40 years.

The sexual response in divided into 3 phases: desire, excitement, and orgasm.

Premature ejaculation is considered a psychological disorder and not an organic problem. Anxiety for performance or any other deep psychological problems are involved.

Most professionals diagnose premature ejaculation if ejaculation occurs before reaching sexual satisfaction for both partners regardless the time it takes to finish.

No lab tests or investigations are required in most of the cases.
Checking a serum testosterone (free and total) level and prolactin level may be appropriate if premature ejaculation is observed in conjunction with an impotence problem.

Premature ejaculation does not interfere with conception unless it occurs before man's penis is inside the woman's vagina.

Keep us updated.
Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us