Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Low sex drive

DreamW26 - Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:09 pm

I have a problem. I have been married now for 8 years and we have 2 wonderful kids. A girl who is 7 and a boy who is 5. We are a pretty close and happy family. But lately I have been feeling like that I could do without the sex. I haven't felt sexual or had any desire for sex in a long time. I don't keep the sex from my husband and he understands how I feel but I know it hurts him. I haven't felt horny or anything like that. I am not overweight, I am 5'0 and at 110 lbs. Me and my husband get along fine we are not a fighting couple so that can't be it. Can you please help me and tell me what I can do before it ruins me?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:55 am

User avatar DreamW26,
I hope you are feeling better by now. Low sex drive in women is known as hypactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD). Please have a look at our HSDD page for more info on the possible causes and management of HSDD.
If this is still an issue and you have not sought medical advice by now, I would suggest that you consult your gynecologist who may require a hormone test.

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us