Question: Interventional Radiology and erectile dysfunction

Pollyannaism100 - Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:34 pm

I am only 19 and have had a problem for years now, which is extremely depressing.

Anyway, I have one huge vein that runs along the top of my penis. It is big, protrudes out from the skin, not a normal tiny blue one. It does not occlude properly, and drains blood at a massive rate from the head of my penis. This is a huge problem becaue the head does not engorge at all which severely effects my pleasure, and also the ability to have sex.

I had the vein embolized with a coil, but the coil was put in my pelvis area. This worked somewhat, but since the coil was far away from the actual site of the leak (the head), the blood still travelled to this point...and the head still deflated (especially when I lay on my back).

There must be some way to either completely kill this vein, or some way an interventional radiologist can place a coil or something much closer to the site of the leak, in my penis, so it keeps the head full??
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:28 pm

User avatar Having a large single vein is relatively normal. In your case it sounds as if your body is having a problem properly constricting to retain penile engorgement.

You may want to see a urologist. I think this specialist will be the most able to help determine a proper treatment for you.