Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Ongoing Genital Problem

 PerainoKid - Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:10 am

Hi I Am 25 years old, And i have a ongoing promlem with my genitals. I Have Been To A Doctor And He Told Me That My Problem Was Ingrown Hairs And To try to Keep Myself dry down There With Baby Powder ( Which I Found Weird Cause I have never been sweaty down there )
It Has Been Going On For A Real Long Time And Is Very Uncomfortable : Itches ver badly , Turn into like pimples.
And Is very widespread .
What Can I Do?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:56 am

User avatar You may consider seeing a dermatologist. While your symptoms may be due to ingrown hair, it may also be due to a fungal skin infection, infection of the hair follicles, or possibly a contact dermatitis.

Without direct examination it is hard to be any more specific. All these things have different, specific treatments so evaluation is important.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us