Question: Tiny lump on scrotum (sp?)

Kmpr326 - Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:12 pm

Hi, I'm 17 and really really don't want to go to the doctor unless it's a last resort.

Awhile ago I developed a tiny-smaller than a pea sized bump on my scrotum. It seems to be on the skin over the lower part of the right testicle. I saw a commercial about testicular cancer that scared the crap out of me when I thought about that bump. It's only been around for a week or possibly longer since it's painless and i didn't notice it.

Is this possibly cancer or a cyst or something else? Cancer I read was painless like this, but I think i read cyst is painful. As I have had neither, i'm not sure. I'd really appreciate a professional opinion. I'm a bit worried.

I know I'm going to be suggested to go to a doctor, but that is not a conversation I want to have if not neccessary.

Just noticed what i needed to include.

Age - 17
    Sex - Male
    Past diagnoses - nothing (I've been to check ups for sports and noone noticed a problem) Haven't seen a doctor in at least 6 months.
    Past surgeries - none
    Family History - Noone that i know with cancer or anything if thats what it means.
    Current Medications - Nothing

Thanks for your help.

Dr. Leigh Anderson - Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:37 am

User avatar It sounds like a cyst, common on the scrotum. The white contents are dead skin cells, not pus. You can't squeeze the stuff out.

It isn't sexually transmitted, and needs no treatment.

I suggest that you show it to a doctor next time you go.

Hope this calms your fears, but please seek the guidance from your physcian if the bump changes in color or causes any pain so that the problem can get an accurate diagnosis.

Take Care

D. Anderson
 Kmpr326 - Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:04 pm

Ahh, thank you very much
 Dr. Leigh Anderson - Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:45 pm

User avatar You are very welcomed,

Take Care

Dr. Anderson