Question: Pain after masturbation sometimes that go with urination

mrblack - Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:15 pm

I am a 23 year old male, I masturbate almost once a day +/- and I usually have no problem with that, but sometimes I sleep after masturbation and wake up with pain in root of penis and in the testis, usually this pain go after I urinate in the morning, but sometimes I don’t feel very comfortable and may have some pain left in the same place even after urination, I don’t take medicines, only vitamins sometimes but not regular.
Is this dangerous?
Help please
 Dr. Leigh Anderson - Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:54 pm

User avatar Of course I cannot make a specific diagnosis. But my guess is that you are irritating your urethra, either with direct physical trauma by vigorous masturbation; or that you are getting chemical irritation, perhaps due to whatever you might use for lubrication. In particular, if even the slightest amount of soap gets into the urethra, it would cause exactly the symptoms you describe. As an experiment, you could try masturbating with a condom, preventing any contamination of the urethra (but not a lubricated condom with the spermicide nonoxynol-9, which can cause the same symptoms!). If you still have the problem, it's probably just physical irritation, and you can learn to go easy.

In any case, if you're not otherwise sexually active, it obviously can't be an STD. So that's as far as I can go; I'm an STD specialist, not an expert in details of sexual function.

Dr. Anderson
 mrblack - Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:23 pm

Thanks for your quick reply Dr. Anderson
Well, I most of the time don’t use lubrication, or just use water, I am also sure it is not a sexually transmitted disease, I had an explanation that I thought about, but I don’t know if it is scientific, I thought maybe some seamen remain inside and it solidify or something causing this pain that go with urination. Is this a possible explanation?
Thanks again
 Dr. Leigh Anderson - Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:05 pm

User avatar I do not believe that would be causing the problem, it is normal for semen a residual amount to remain inside the penis after ejaculation.

Dr. Anderson