Question: Red bumps from my hair on his balls and shaft?

DeLovelyEmma - Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:50 am

I recently had a baby 5 months ago and my boyfriend and i just started having sex. He is 20 years old, says he has no STDs and i have HPV but i havent had a break out ever and ive had it for over a year and a half. He has tiny bumps on his balls and on his shaft. They are not raised and they have been there for 6 days. I shave my vigina and he says its from that because my hair irrated hsi skin when i was prickly. Now, i have had sex with a few other men while the same amount of hair on my vigina. They never had the bumps. He asked his brother and friends and they said its my hair also. Said they had the same thing. Is this true? Could it be somethign else? He also has a white raised bump on his shaft right under his head and he said thats from masterbation. Are these symptoms of other things? Thank you in advance.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:22 pm

There many causes of similar bumps like:

-Contact Dermatitis occurs due to skin contact with a substance that causes an allergic reaction (allergic contact Dermatitis)
or with an irritant substances (irritant contact Dermatitis). This could be also due to irritation from many causes like a discharge. Itching may be present. (which is likely to be the cause)

-Sebaceous cysts (epidermal cysts). Due to obstruction of the glands forming sebum (fat) forming a closed sac under the skin.

Sebaceous cysts usually present in the form of:
painless, slow-growing small bumps or lumps containing a yellow cheesy" substance.

- Folliculitis is an infection of the hair follicles. Forming small, white-headed Bumps in hair follicles (roots).
Lesions may be Itching. Superficial folliculitis resolves spontaneously in a few days, while deep or recurring folliculitis should be medically treated.

Other causes due to STD like warts should be excluded although less likely to be the cause.

Direct clinical examination is essential.