Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Pregnancy chances after chylmedia?

AshTibo - Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:42 pm

Hi, my name is Ashley Langlinais. I'm 23 years old. Last year I was diagnosed with Chlymedia. I have been with my husband (who was a virgin before me) for almost 5 years. So I know I had the infection for at least 4 years. I got off the pill right after I finished my antibotics for my infection. We are currently trying to start a family. I was just wondering if the past chlymedia could have anything to do with why I am having a problem getting pregnant?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:54 pm

User avatar Hello,

Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease that can be treated and cured with antibiotics.
Both sex partners should be examined and receive the treatment to avoid re-infection .

In pregnant untreated women, there is a risk of premature delivery, in addition Babies born to infected mothers can get chlamydia infections in the eyes and respiratory tracts.

Follow up with your doctor is essential for proper prenatal care.
Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us