Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: I have been trying to get pregnant

 martha1988 - Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:31 pm

I am a female, of 18 years, and I wanted to know why I can't get pregnant. Me and my partner have been together for 2 years now and, I haven't got pregnant. Sometimes I get cramps on one side of my ovaries, and lately i don't menstruate regularly. My period stopped for seven months and when i had it it lasted two whole weeks. Will i ever get pregnant? and right now i don't have health insurance or medicare how can i get it and who can i go to to examen me? I am not in any medication, and I had my gallblader removed when i was 14. Where can I get checked out for fertility?
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:54 pm

Dear martha1988,

Well, You have to have a pelvic ultrasound to check the quality of your ovaries and uterine walls... At the same time, your partner should check his sperms quality. both of you should be checked out and you can simply go to a gynaecologist.. and your partner should go to an andrologist...sometimes a gynaecologist has the facility to do semen analysis as well.

As for the irregular menstruation, you might be having something called polycystic ovaries..that can be diagnosed by ultrasound as well and that doesnot mean that you won't get just need to be put on the right dierction...both you and your partner.

Good luck...

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us