Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Vaginal Sore

Robybo - Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:38 pm

In May, I developed a sore on the inside of my right vagina lip. It was tender, tingly and itchy. It never popped, I never had a fever or aches and it did not spread just went away after a few days. It has just returned again, just one sore that itches pretty bad and tingles but thats it. The thing that happened on both times it has appeared is sexual intercourse with a condom about 2 weeks before it appeared. I have no other syptoms, what could it be?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:08 pm

User avatar There are several possible causes of vaginal sores. Sores that present near the introitus (opening to the vagina) may represent a blocked gland. There are several glands that line the introitus that can become obstructed and may or may not become infected.

Another possible cause would be herpes lesions, or other STD's. Given that it's presentation is after intercourse with a condom, you may be having a reaction to the condom. Other non-STD possibilities include vaginitis or yeast infections (though this would be an atypical presentation).

In addition, there are a few conditions such as Bechet's disease and Crohn's disease that can present with mucosal lesions.

The best way to diagnose what is going on is to visit your doctor while you have the sore. Direct examination is important.

Hope this helps.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us