Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Ovulation Doubts

 amvielleux - Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:36 pm

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 7 months now, I just recently went to see my doctor. She seems to think that I am ovulating because my cycles are regualar (28-30 days). I'm not sure what to think, I have taken Basel Body Temps for 6 months now and I have seen temperature spikes, but not temperatures shift, like people have said I should see. I also have been doing Ovulation Predictor Kits for 6 month ( I do 25 day kits) and they have consistantly been negative. So, I guess I am just wondering if I'm really ovulating or not. My doctor is telling me she thinks I am, but everything else is telling me I'm not. Thanks very much!
 Dr. Leigh Anderson - Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:50 pm

User avatar You mentioned that you are using the OPK (Ovulation Predictor Kit),,, Is the device showing that you are ovulating, by showing I believe an " egg" in the test... window...? If the kit i showing this sign and your periods are a normal cycle, Then I would agree with your doctor that you are ovulating. There are some medications that you should discuss with your doctor to help aid in your ovulation (production & release of eggs), one is being Clomid that helps your body release eggs for fertilization. But before this method is used it would be imperative that your spouse seek out an urologist to get a sperm test to make sure there is an adeqaute number to aid in fertilization. Just remember the aid of medications such as Clomid can enable a woman to release numerouse eggs resulting in multiple births.

Good Luck, and Thank You for using Doctors Lounge,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us