Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: surgery on penis

 jzanettiuk - Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:36 pm

hi doctor, i have (when limp) a penis size of about 1.6 inches and is very 'skinny' i need to get surgery to fatten it up properly and lengthen to say 3 inch.
what procedures are there? how much ? etc
please help with this
thank you
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:37 pm

User avatar Before you have surgery, you should have your growth hormone level checked. Low growth hormone level can be associated with a small penis.

Should surgery be in order, I would recommend you discuss this with a urologist or plastic surgeon. They would be able to discuss available options for treatment.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us