Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Penis bruising ?

 jacko - Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:07 am

im a 18 year old male who had sex for the first time last night. now this morning i have a bruised area under my foreskin. i do not have no pain how ever. it is around the sperm pipe thing. should i be worried ???
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:57 am

User avatar Hello,

I think you should have it checked out. There is no of telling what it is without examination. Some possibilities include balanitis (inflammation of the glans in uncircumcized men). It could also be a result of trauma. Most STDs would have a longer incubation period but that can't be ruled out since chancroid for example can develop in as little as 12 hours.

Best regards,
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:11 am

User avatar Hello,

Causes of your complaint include:
- Traumatic injury due to very active intercourse especially when enough lubrication is absent may cause the damage of the skin of the penis.

-Contact Dermatitis occurs due to skin contact with a substance that causes an allergic reaction (allergic contact Dermatitis)
or with an irritant substances (irritant contact Dermatitis).

The inflammation usually subsides spontaneously, but avoiding exposure to any irritant is important.
You may use only bland lotions, like moisturizing lotions, till you consult your docotr.

Direct clinical examination is essential to exclude other causes like STDs.
Best regards.
 jacko - Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:13 am

Thinking about it i think it could have been caused by rough masturbation, it looks like a bruise, will it clear up ?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us