Forum Name: Fertility

Question: getting pregnant

hazl912 - Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:56 am

im 29 years old and i had a tubiligation 5 years ago my tubes were cut and burned my husband and i want to have another child we have 4 children and at the time it seemed to be the right decision to have this surgery i had a pregnancy test done recently because my breast are swollen and very tender my back hurts and im very bloded but the test came out negative what procedures are there to reverse this surgery and is it possible to become pregnant without having to spend alot of money we cannot afford to get artificial insemenation we were very dissapointed when this test came out negative i am not taking any meds but i did have a mild stroke 2 years ago we love children and want at least one more please help no one has been able to answer this question for us we recently moved to florida and have no insurance and we need your advice
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:54 pm

User avatar There are procedures that can reverse tubal ligations. The success rate of these procedures are variable depending on the technique used, etc.

Not all obstetricians perform these procedures, however. I would recommend hat you talk with your obstetrician about the procedure. He/she can discuss the technique in more depth and refer you to someone who does do the procedure if needed.

Hope this helps a little.