Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: reaching climax

hazl912 - Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:05 pm

im 29 years old and have 4 kids and i have a problem and needed advice to help my situation i have never been able to have an orgasm with penetration only orally or masturbation i have never told my spouse but it is very fustrating to me cause i enjoy very much having sex with him and its not that he doesnt know how to satisfy. its me i try concentrating and i have tried just letting loose and nothing seems to work im tired of pretending and i want to be able to reach climax together with him is that normal and is there something i can do what is wrong with me
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:43 pm

User avatar Just to ease your mind a bit, this is actually not an uncommon issue.

Some women require more clitoral stimulation than others to reach climax. This is likely the case in your situation. There are a few things that may help. Kegel exercises can help some. These exercises help strengthen the pelvis muscles and increase stimulation. Essentially, one can repeatedly contract the muscles that are used to stop urination. Start with sets of 10 contractions and work up. These can be done through out the day.

Also, you may discuss with your spouse trying different positions. Occasionally women are able to obtain more clitoral stimulation in different postions. In particular, with the woman on top and moving upwards just slightly it can help aline the clitoris with your partner's pelvic bones to improve stimulation. This may help you achieve climax.

It is also important to be open with your spouse to try different methods to help you. Being open also can help to relieve any pressures/anxiety that can hinder reaching climax.

Hope this helps a little. I recommend that you discuss your situation with your gynecologist. She may be able to make some other suggestions to help.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us