Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Pain In Penis

 Recca25 - Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:46 am

For the past few days I have been having sharp and dull pains on the right side of my penis it starts from the base of the shaft and goes up to the tip of my penis.I was wondering what might be the cause of this could it be some sort of trauma perhaps from masturbation and if so will it heal on its own.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:02 pm

User avatar You may have a strained muscle or possibly damaged a nerve. It is likely that this will heal on its own; however, if the pain is worsening or is not getting better over the next couple of days I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us