Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Vagina looks old - white lumps - young patient

WhirlyGig - Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:43 pm

Firstly, on the inner side of my outer labia, near my vagina, i have 2 small, hard, white lumps right next to each other. they are a light pink-ish color, but gently squezing around them makes them have a bright white 'haed', like on a pimple. They don't hurt at all unless i try to see if they are maybe in-grown hairs and apply pressure.

Secondly, though I am young, my vagina/vulva area looks, well, old. It's kind of gray-ish, limp, and wrinkly. It's not really a medical problem, but it does bother me, especialy since my left inner labia is much larger and darker colored than the right, and also less sensitive to touch. I was wondering what can be done to change this.

And advice would be very much appreciated!!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:25 am

User avatar Regarding your first issue, you may be seeing some plugged glands. There are many glands that line the entrance to the vagina. Occasionally the skin openings get blocked. Generally this is not an issue and they will resolve themselves. Occasionally, however, they can become infected and require antibiotics for resolution.

Regarding your second issue, it is possible that your venous blood flow is somewhat limited for drainage of the blood flow from your vaginal area, especially on the left side. This would cause some mild backing up of blood flow resulting in a bluish gray discoloration. I would recommend you consider seeing a gynecologist for an evaluation to ensure nothing more serious is going on. There may also be some treatments for your condition I am not aware of that the gynecologist may be.