Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Vagina looks old - white lumps - young patient

 WhirlyGig - Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:43 pm

Firstly, on the inner side of my outer labia, near my vagina, i have 2 small, hard, white lumps right next to each other. they are a light pink-ish color, but gently squezing around them makes them have a bright white 'haed', like on a pimple. They don't hurt at all unless i try to see if they are maybe in-grown hairs and apply pressure.

Secondly, though I am young, my vagina/vulva area looks, well, old. It's kind of gray-ish, limp, and wrinkly. It's not really a medical problem, but it does bother me, especialy since my left inner labia is much larger and darker colored than the right, and also less sensitive to touch. I was wondering what can be done to change this.

And advice would be very much appreciated!!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:25 am

User avatar Regarding your first issue, you may be seeing some plugged glands. There are many glands that line the entrance to the vagina. Occasionally the skin openings get blocked. Generally this is not an issue and they will resolve themselves. Occasionally, however, they can become infected and require antibiotics for resolution.

Regarding your second issue, it is possible that your venous blood flow is somewhat limited for drainage of the blood flow from your vaginal area, especially on the left side. This would cause some mild backing up of blood flow resulting in a bluish gray discoloration. I would recommend you consider seeing a gynecologist for an evaluation to ensure nothing more serious is going on. There may also be some treatments for your condition I am not aware of that the gynecologist may be.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us