Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Odd Question on Possible Pregnancy

Sara1979 - Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:47 pm

I'm 27 yrs old and have 2 kids. I'm not very sexually active, but somehow found myself with 2 individuals a few days apart. One was extremely drunk and could not perform. The other was sober and had no issues at all. I think I may be pregnant. Am I safe to assume the father was the one who had no performance issues?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:27 am

User avatar Hi Sara1979,
If one was so intoxicated that he could not perform and there was no ejaculation etc. it would be reasonable to consider that he most likely is not the father. However, if there was performance, just not to the extent of the expectations, and the encounters were that close together, you may, if indeed pregnant, would want to have a DNA test done after the childs birth to assure paternity. It would be a very emotional roller coaster so to speak to think you are a parent and find out at a later point that you are indeed not. Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 Sara1979 - Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:35 am

Thanks so much for the help and thoughts.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us