Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Likelihood of being pregnant?

Casey - Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:35 am

I have been on birth control for a few years, and am good about taking my pills each day. I had unprotected sex five days after my first day of bleeding (three weeks ago), the same day I started taking antibiotics for fourteen days. It's the only day I had intercourse and am wondering what the likelihood would be that I am pregnant. The past five months I have gotten my period on a Tuesday (prior to that it was usually Wednesday, rarely it came on a Thursday). This month, however, I did not get my period until this morning (Thursday, so two days late). My blood flow is a lot less than it usually is and I have no cramping (I usually do). (I have exercised the past two weeks a little more than normal, but nothing strenuous, just a little walking and time at the gym). I took an EPT pregnancy test this morning and it came back negative. What are the odds that I am pregnant?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:34 pm

User avatar It doesn't look at all likely that you are pregnant. However, if still in doubt do a repeat pregnancy test next week.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us