Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Likelihood of being pregnant?

Casey - Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:35 am

I have been on birth control for a few years, and am good about taking my pills each day. I had unprotected sex five days after my first day of bleeding (three weeks ago), the same day I started taking antibiotics for fourteen days. It's the only day I had intercourse and am wondering what the likelihood would be that I am pregnant. The past five months I have gotten my period on a Tuesday (prior to that it was usually Wednesday, rarely it came on a Thursday). This month, however, I did not get my period until this morning (Thursday, so two days late). My blood flow is a lot less than it usually is and I have no cramping (I usually do). (I have exercised the past two weeks a little more than normal, but nothing strenuous, just a little walking and time at the gym). I took an EPT pregnancy test this morning and it came back negative. What are the odds that I am pregnant?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:34 pm

User avatar It doesn't look at all likely that you are pregnant. However, if still in doubt do a repeat pregnancy test next week.