Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Urination immidiately after ejaculation

stratton46 - Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:52 pm

I am an 18 year old male with no known diagnoses, no medications, and only surgery recieved was rermoved tonsils. After I urinate shortly after ejaculation, a gooey substance similar to semen drips out of my penis. I am not sure what it is or what causes it. Is it normal?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:07 pm

User avatar This is normal. The fluid you are seeing is seminal fluid meant to help nurish the sperm and allow it to be viable longer to enhance chances of fertilization.

Best wishes.
 stratton46 - Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:17 pm

Is it normal to expieriance a gooey substance coming from the penis after urinating if the urination was right after ejaculating?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:29 pm

User avatar This, too, is normal. The glands of the male reproductive tract will release more fluid after ejaculation. This can occur upwards of 10-15 minutes after ejaculation in some people. It is likely that this is what you are experiencing.

I hope this helps.
 stratton46 - Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:53 pm

Thank you so much. This helps a lot. I feel so much better.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us