Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: After Working Out/Long Distance Running

stratton46 - Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:01 pm

Sometimes after working out or running, I notice a gooey substance at the tip of my penis. I've just noticed it happen 3 days ago. It's not much but I was just wondering if it was normal.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:44 pm

User avatar It's likely that what you are experiencing is some discharge from the Cowper's glands. These glands make some of the fluid found in semen that helps lubricate and nourish sperm.

With activities such as running for long periods of time, occasionally some fluid from these gland will be released. I do not know the exact mechanism for why.

This is normal.

Best wishes.
 stratton46 - Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:56 pm

Thank you so much Dr. Chan lowe. You have helped me with every question I have asked. I respect you and your career so much.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us