Question: After Working Out/Long Distance Running

stratton46 - Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:01 pm

Sometimes after working out or running, I notice a gooey substance at the tip of my penis. I've just noticed it happen 3 days ago. It's not much but I was just wondering if it was normal.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:44 pm

User avatar It's likely that what you are experiencing is some discharge from the Cowper's glands. These glands make some of the fluid found in semen that helps lubricate and nourish sperm.

With activities such as running for long periods of time, occasionally some fluid from these gland will be released. I do not know the exact mechanism for why.

This is normal.

stratton46 - Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:56 pm

Thank you so much Dr. Chan lowe. You have helped me with every question I have asked. I respect you and your career so much.