Question: Can working out and other activities cause discharge?

CaliforniaRocks - Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:17 pm

I'm a 20 year old male with no diseases or surgeries. Sometimes after I work out or run I notice a semen like discharge but I'm not sure what the liquid is. It's not much when it happens but its noticeable and I would like to know what this stuff is, if its normal, and is there anyway to prevent it?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:54 pm

User avatar It is likely that what you are experiencing is some discharge from the Cowper's glands. These glands produce fluid that is part of semen and provide lubrication and nourishment for sperm.

A small amount of discharge with exercise is normal.