Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Orgasm but no ejaculation

swchblade - Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:19 pm

Hi I'm 18 years old and I came here with a problem i've had for a long time. The truth is I have never ejaculated. Whenever I would masturbate I would get the orgasm but nothing would come out. At first I didn't really think this was a problem and I ignored it for a while but now im pretty curious about what is going on. I also live with my parents still and I am not sure about a good way to ask them so thats why I am coming here to see if its something I could wait on or if I should go in soon. Thank you.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:07 am

User avatar Do you notice that your urine has a cloudy look to it after you orgasm. Occasionally the semen can travel backwards into the bladder rather than out the urethra.

It may also be that you have a blockage in the ducts that carry the semen.

There are several other possibilities so I would recommend that you see a urologist for evaluation. In regards to how to be able to do this, you generally need to see your primary care doctor first for a referral. You should have a yearly physical exam so this is a good time to discuss your symptoms with your doctor to get the appropriate referrals.

Best wishes.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:08 am

User avatar Sorry I forgot to mention that this is probably not an emergent thing but it would be good to have it evaluated.

I hope this helps some.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us