Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Penis Hurting

Benju3148 - Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:03 am

I'm a 13 year old uncircumcised male and I've been masturbating frequently and I've noticed yesterday that my penis has been hurting on the left side below the foreskin.

My guess is that it's the veins. It does not hurt when I urinate. I think it only hurts when I move it. I

've had a number of genital problems in the past few months where the foreskin was swollen and my uncle, a medical doctor in Indonesia prescribed me a Hydrocortisone cream. It healed eventually but after 3 weeks, the same thing returned and another medical doctor from Indonesia prescribed me a cream which I can't remember and Cefadroxil capsules.

Now after a 2-3 months, I'm having another genital problem. Like I said above, the left side internally is hurting and when I retract it, I've noticed small yellow bumps around the base of the penis. My family doctor said that it was normal and to wipe it off but I don't think this has anything to with the symptoms I'm experiencing now. The inside is a little bit inflamed.

My hypothesis is that I've been masturbating too much. Can anyone help me please?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:00 pm

User avatar You may be experiencing pain from trauma due to masterbation. However, given your recent infections of the foreskin the possibility of an infection is raised. You may have a yeast infection of the skin or (less likely) a bacterial infection.

I would recommend you see your doctor again for a re-examination.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us