Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Penis Bruise??

 jigsaw - Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:02 am

Hey I'm a first time user and hope to get a more specific answer. I was having sex with my girlfriend and I guess during the course of it I injuried my penis. It hurt on one side for a day but it then went away. The injury looks like a ridge on the side that is about 1mm high and about 1.5 cm long that runs along the width. I for the first time had a " severe" panic attack that sent me to the hospital and the first time I went the doctor just relesed me so the next day my arms were feeling weird so I went to another ER room and got checked. They sayed it was anexity disorder but I asked the ER doctor about my penis and he took a look but said it looked alright and he didn't seem too concerened about the condition. A week later I went to a family doctor for a check up and too asked him about it and examined it a little closer(felt the ridge) and he said it was a bruise and showed me a diagram of what was injured and it will be ok. I noticed though also a very slight ridge much less than the other on the other side but near the base. My question is am I going to be ok because its been about 18days and I feel that it doesn't quite function the same way. I notice morning's it is sorta hard but it doesn't get as hard as easily as it used too. It never changed any colors or anything like that so I don't think it was severe. I also wonder if it could be due to my uncertainty about it, which I think brought on the panic attack because it happened after I had sex. I am currently on Paxil-CR (12.5 mg) for about a week and occasionally use a Xanex (.25 mg) average 1 a day sometimes none to treat the anexity and fear I have developed from that panic attack eposode. I know that might have some to due with my sexual drive but how bad is the injury? Also it does work and I have no troubles having an orgasm but it is sometimes tough to get hard on "demand" like I felt it use too. Sorry about length and thank you.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:22 pm

User avatar Hello Jigsaw,
The injury in your penis will take some time to heal but is self limited. Its expected that your erections will not work as they used to because of the panic, injury, paxil. Just give it time and I am sure everything will be fine again.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us