Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Rubbery Mass in Menstrual Fluid

rhelming - Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:23 pm

I am a 20 year old female who just received her menstrual period after not having one for 2 months. I've never been irregular before and took many pregnancy tests during the 2 months that all came back negative. I recently noticed a small, (about 1 inch long) smooth, white, rubbery mass in my menstrual fluid. Could you tell me what this might be?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:15 am

User avatar Each month your body sloughs off and "cleans up" the uterus so it is not unusual to find fragments of tissue as well as clots. Of course if you have been sexually active, there is always the possibility of a very early miscarriage, with extra tissue. It is estimated that many miscarriages occur before the woman even suspects she is pregnant. It's nature's way of taking care of things that aren't working out right from the outset. I don't think you need to worry about this unless you notice a continuing pattern of unusual bleeding - then of course you should discuss it with your health care provider.