Question: Curved Erections

User#5485 - Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:59 pm

I'm 18, a guy, and have no past diagonises, surgeies, or medications. Sometimes when I get an erection its curved. I know that's not normal. If I just keep my masturbations to a minumum will it fix itself?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:35 am

User avatar Curved erections are usually normal. It has nothing to due with masturbation.
Sometimes, a curved penis can be the result of an injury to the penis or Peyronie’s Disease, which is a severe curvature or bending of the penis and can be very painful. Peyronie's disease is characterized by a hard lump of scar tissue, or plaque, that forms on the penis. The plaque develops on the upper or lower side of the penis in layers containing erectile tissue. Cases of Peyronie's disease range from mild to severe. Symptoms may develop slowly or appear overnight. It is unclear exactly what causes Peyronie’s Disease. In severe cases, the hardened plaque reduces flexibility, causing pain and forcing the penis to bend or arc during erection. In many cases, the pain decreases over time, but the bend in the penis may remain a problem, making sexual intercourse difficult.

If you are experiencing pain, then I would suggest you make an appointment with your doctor, but otherwise, it is probably perfectly normal, and nothing to cause concern.