Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: left testical PAIN

rifle6 - Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:08 pm

i'm a fit 30 year old male. for the past 10 years or so i have had off and on testical pain. Always the left testi. it starts hurting when i sit.
sitting in different positions helps somewhat. standing removes all pain.( after a few seconds). it is the most painful on my motorcycle but my wifes SUV seat is bad, and folding chairs are bad. i can sit for about a half hour before it starts. now it is getting more frequent and painful.

The pain. it feels like my left testi is in a vise, the pain stats as a 1 then a 2 all the way to 10++++ when it is at the most painful it is UNBEARABLE!!!!!!!!! i have a bullet hole in my foot and had my appendix burst, and multiple broken bones. this pain when at 10++++++++++ is 100% worse than anything i have had.
then i stand and it just melts away.

i went to the dr several times in the past. i thought it might be a hernia. ultra sound and Many hernia checks reveiled no hernia.
finally i went today. the Dr. said it was a nerve? and there was nothing i could do about it. WHAT THE HE@%?

i am thinking testicular torsion or the cord is getting pinched and twisted while i sit.
but i am not a DR.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed May 16, 2007 4:03 am

User avatar Intermittent testicular torsion can cause such pain but would be unusual to last for so long. I would suspect that over this period of time the testis would be compromised and ultimately die.

A nerve entrapment is possible and would explain your symptoms fairly well.

You may want to see a urologist to see if there is anything that can be done to better identify what is causing your symptoms.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us