Forum Name: Fertility

Question: 26 yrs old, no period for 2 years!!

seastar - Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:14 pm

i've been on and off the pill to regulate my period since i was 18. I got off the pill 2 years ago to hopefully start a family. I have not gotten a "normal" period since. 5 months after i got off the pill i got an iud, but it made me bleed for 1 month stright, so my doc removed my iud, and gave me birth control pills to stop the bleeding (and i got my period after that). (so all that was a 1.5 yrs ago...w/the iud.) then in Sept this past year, my docs gave me progestrogen for a week, and i got my period once from that. and nothing since. i've gone to docs, and found "nothing". All they found w/testing is that i'm low on estrogen. Ultra-sound was normal. they want to put me on the pill to regulate my period. but i want to start a family, so the pill is not really an option. why am i not getting my period? please help. thank you.
ps: i'm not overly active, but i'm slender. not stressed. (yes, i think about it...but overall am a happy individual)
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:49 pm

User avatar This would be a frustrating situation. I would see a specialist - fertility clinic or gynecologist who could evaluate your hormonal levels and advise you about whether or not you are ovulating. Good luck and let us know what you find out.