Question: testical pain please help me

rifle6 - Fri May 04, 2007 9:36 pm

'm a fit 30 year old male. for the past 10 years or so I have had off and on testical pain. Always the left testi. it starts hurting when I sit.
sitting in different positions helps somewhat. standing removes all pain.( after a few seconds). it is the most painful on my motorcycle but my wifes SUV seat is bad, and folding chairs are bad. I can sit for about a half hour before it starts. now it is getting more frequent and painful.

The pain. it feels like my left testi is in a vise, the pain stats as a 1 then a 2 all the way to 10++++ when it is at the most painful it is UNBEARABLE!!!!!!!!! I have a bullet hole in my foot and had my appendix burst, and multiple broken bones. this pain when at 10++++++++++ is 100% worse than anything I have had.
then I stand and it just melts away.

I went to the dr several times in the past. I thought it might be a hernia. ultra sound and Many hernia checks reveiled no hernia.
finally I went today. the Dr. said it was a nerve? and there was nothing I could do about it. WHAT THE HE@%?

I am thinking testicular torsion or the cord is getting pinched and twisted while I sit.
but I am not a DR.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:57 pm

User avatar Torsion is an interesting thought. However, if it were torsion I would expect that after repeated episodes over 10 years the testis would have died. It doesn't take long for torsion to begin causing death of the testis.

I would be suspicious of a compressed nerve. An MRI may help determine the origin of your pain. If it is a compressed nerve, physical therapy can sometimes be very helpful. In some cases surgery can help as well.

You may want to see a urologist for an evaluation as well.