Question: penis glans

serge - Sun May 06, 2007 8:38 pm

hi, i am a 20 year old guy with a very big problem. My penis glans skin has a red spot on it, I went to my local doctor (an old guy) and asked about it, he said it was just pigmentation. Even if it is just pigmentation I want to know how I can get rid of it, since it is singel handedly ruining my life. I am a virgin because of it. Any pretty girl who flirts with me has to get satisfied with a makeout, there is no way I am showing my penis in front of a girl because of this problem! I have had som problems with rash on my hands in early childhood if that is to any help... Other than that I am as healthy as they get
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 07, 2007 4:28 pm

User avatar Without being able to examine you I can't really tell you what the spot is. It is very likely there is a treatment or way to remove the spot for you. I would recommend that you see a dermatologist. They will be best able to 1) tell you what it is and 2) help remove it.

serge - Mon May 07, 2007 6:14 pm

so all I have to do is call my local hospital and ask for a dermatologist and I will automaticly be sent to one? Don't I need the approval of my local medic before he will send me to one? - I live in Norway by the way.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue May 08, 2007 1:41 pm

User avatar It depends on your location and your health plan guidelines. The hospital can direct you to a dermatologist that participates with them. If you have a plan that requires pre-authorization or referral, you should follow the guidelines of your provider network. If you have an insurance card there may be a customer service phone number listed on it (or perhaps in a member handbook). Sometimes this information is available online. If you have a provider handbook, you may be able to just look for a dermatologist listed there.