Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: penis glans

serge - Sun May 06, 2007 8:38 pm

hi, i am a 20 year old guy with a very big problem. My penis glans skin has a red spot on it, I went to my local doctor (an old guy) and asked about it, he said it was just pigmentation. Even if it is just pigmentation I want to know how I can get rid of it, since it is singel handedly ruining my life. I am a virgin because of it. Any pretty girl who flirts with me has to get satisfied with a makeout, there is no way I am showing my penis in front of a girl because of this problem! I have had som problems with rash on my hands in early childhood if that is to any help... Other than that I am as healthy as they get
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 07, 2007 4:28 pm

User avatar Without being able to examine you I can't really tell you what the spot is. It is very likely there is a treatment or way to remove the spot for you. I would recommend that you see a dermatologist. They will be best able to 1) tell you what it is and 2) help remove it.

Best wishes.
 serge - Mon May 07, 2007 6:14 pm

so all I have to do is call my local hospital and ask for a dermatologist and I will automaticly be sent to one? Don't I need the approval of my local medic before he will send me to one? - I live in Norway by the way.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue May 08, 2007 1:41 pm

User avatar It depends on your location and your health plan guidelines. The hospital can direct you to a dermatologist that participates with them. If you have a plan that requires pre-authorization or referral, you should follow the guidelines of your provider network. If you have an insurance card there may be a customer service phone number listed on it (or perhaps in a member handbook). Sometimes this information is available online. If you have a provider handbook, you may be able to just look for a dermatologist listed there.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us