Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: penis glans

 serge - Sun May 06, 2007 8:38 pm

hi, i am a 20 year old guy with a very big problem. My penis glans skin has a red spot on it, I went to my local doctor (an old guy) and asked about it, he said it was just pigmentation. Even if it is just pigmentation I want to know how I can get rid of it, since it is singel handedly ruining my life. I am a virgin because of it. Any pretty girl who flirts with me has to get satisfied with a makeout, there is no way I am showing my penis in front of a girl because of this problem! I have had som problems with rash on my hands in early childhood if that is to any help... Other than that I am as healthy as they get
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 07, 2007 4:28 pm

User avatar Without being able to examine you I can't really tell you what the spot is. It is very likely there is a treatment or way to remove the spot for you. I would recommend that you see a dermatologist. They will be best able to 1) tell you what it is and 2) help remove it.

Best wishes.
 serge - Mon May 07, 2007 6:14 pm

so all I have to do is call my local hospital and ask for a dermatologist and I will automaticly be sent to one? Don't I need the approval of my local medic before he will send me to one? - I live in Norway by the way.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue May 08, 2007 1:41 pm

User avatar It depends on your location and your health plan guidelines. The hospital can direct you to a dermatologist that participates with them. If you have a plan that requires pre-authorization or referral, you should follow the guidelines of your provider network. If you have an insurance card there may be a customer service phone number listed on it (or perhaps in a member handbook). Sometimes this information is available online. If you have a provider handbook, you may be able to just look for a dermatologist listed there.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us