Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Overactive sex drive- not manic

lucyloo - Mon May 07, 2007 4:36 pm

I am a 35 yr old divorced female. I have a 9 yr old daughter. I am currently on low dosage ritalin with no other medications. I am not manic or any of the other descriptions I have googled for a high sex drive. I am not in a relationship, and thus, am not having sex, but I am so frustrated at my ridiculous sex drive. Is there not any type of medication or herbal supplement to calm this down? When I am in a relationship, I like to have sex once or twice a day, but nothing too much. I really am so frustrated. I do masturbate, but that only satisfies a short while, and usually makes me even more aroused. I have no problem reaching orgasm, in fact, when I do have sex, I have too many to count. I also have ejaculating orgasms much of the time. Please give me any advice. I am constantly in a state of unsatisfied arousel!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon May 07, 2007 6:03 pm

User avatar I am not aware of a specific medication for this frustrating and rare problem but it might warrant a checkup to see if there are any hormonal imbalances. You might also benefit from some hypnotherapy where someone could help you learn to control this subconsciously.

You have said it is not mania, but perhaps a psych evaluation would also be worth investigating. In bipolar type II there is a hypomania (not as severe as the mania you typically see with bipolar type I and so it is not as easily recognized. I would see your gynecologist first and ask him/her for suggestions as well. Good luck!
 ksing - Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:29 am

wow.. find someone just like you.. why would you want to lower your sex drive? a lot of men look for women like you.