Question: important testicular trauma

deb2892 - Thu May 10, 2007 8:21 pm

16 year old male with good family history and no use of medications

I woke up one morning and became nautious and my left test began to hurt. On the verge of vomitting i realized my testicle began to swell quickly and was the size of a lemon in 2 or 3 days, and then shrank to a very small size with a small hard section. very worried not knowing what it is or what to do..
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri May 11, 2007 12:28 am

User avatar Your symptoms are concerning for testicular torsion. This is when the testis twists and can reduce blood flow. There are other causes as well so you should see your doctor as soon as possible.