Question: Lump on my Penis!!!

air4life81 - Sat May 12, 2007 11:43 pm

Hello i'm 18 years old im a male still a virgin, nothing is wrong with my family...

but like a month ago, i noticed a small very tiny lump on the skin of my penis, when it gets erect then the tiny lump felt hard.
And now a month later the lump got a litle bigger and rounder and i'm very scared, i feel no pain whatsoever, but i'm scared and i need to know what is happening
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:10 am

The swelling you have described is more likely to be due to a benign cause like:
- Inflammation of the Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands.
Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands are normally found on the penile shaft, particularly on the ventral surface (underside). They may be visible as small nodules or might only be felt as small lumps in the skin.
They are usually in the form of yellow/black or red nodules on the hair shafts or any other parts of the inguinal region. They may contain pus in them.

Other causes of skin swellings due to dermatitis or acne (although not common in this area) etc should be considered.

Direct clinical examination is essential for diagnosis.
I advise you to follow with your Doctor.

Keep us updated.