Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Red Dots on my Penis

pintapitos - Mon May 14, 2007 4:36 pm

Hey I am a boy and yesterday I saw two red dots, very small dots, on my penis. Today I looked at my penis and a found about 20 to 25 of those red dots. They are all located in the inner part of the penis (I don't know the name cause I am not English), the head maybe, they are all located in the penis head. I never had sex and I masturbate. It doesn't itch or hurt when I urinate. I think I have to go to a doctor but i am to shy to go. Are those red dots dangerous?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:50 pm

User avatar Hello,

These red dots could be due to mechanical irritation during masturbation especially when enough lubrication is absent.

Exposure to other skin irritants (certain soaps, creams you may be allergic to) may result in a similar picture.

This is an inflammation (dermatitis) that usually subsides spontaneously, but avoiding exposure to any irritant is important.

You may also use only bland lotions, like moisturizing lotions, till you consult your doctor.

Direct clinical examination is essential.
Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us