Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Bump kinda more like a pimple on the shaft of my penis..!

Celeya44 - Tue May 15, 2007 11:18 pm

I've had this bump on the shaft of my penis for a while now and it will not go away. I know its not aids or anything and i know its a pimple but it wont come out and its now hard and lumpy and really hurts. Im still a virgin and i want to know what this bump on my penis is and also how i can get rid of it. Help please!!!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:56 am

User avatar It may be a blocked pore or hair follicle in the skin. These can become blocked and fill with skin proteins causing them to become hard. Occasionally they can become infected and need drained/treated with antibiotics.

If the lumps aren't getting any bigger and aren't causing any pain they are probably ok to just watch. If they are causing you discomfort or concern I would recommend that you be evaluated by your doctor.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us