Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Will contact of ejaculation with vagina cause pregnancy?

kewldudesam - Fri May 18, 2007 5:59 pm

i am 22 year old Male,My girlfriend is 21 years old.2 Days back we were trying to have sex but we didnt have an proper intercourse, Iejaculated while my penis was not in contact with the Vagina but i am scared as some of the Fluid got in conatct with her vagina,is that possible that she can get pregnant? she had periods last week???what can we do if she tells me about any sign of pregnancy...how much time will it take to know? please reply soon

Sam
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Fri May 18, 2007 6:24 pm

User avatar It's possible she could have gotten pregnant, but the risk is very small. A woman's fertile time is usually on day 14 of her cycle. 2 weeks after her period. Being that she had her period last week,and semen can stay in the body for up to 5 days, it is possible that she could get pregnant. But as I said, the chance of that happening when you did not ejaculate inside her is small.

You just need to wait until her next expected period. Take a home pregnancy test if she does not get her period on time. If the test is negative, wait a week and retest. If her period still has not arrived, then she should see a doctor for a pregnancy test, or to determie the cause of her late period.