Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: only 1 period in 6 months

Luv4u - Mon May 21, 2007 5:15 am

I'm 25 yo female and I've always had regular periods. I used NuvaRing from Dec 04 to Oct 06. I had a normal period in Oct, skiped Nov and Dec and in Jan my doc gave me a hormone to help promote my period but I have not had a period since late Jan. I had a pap done in March and my doc said everything was normal, but still haven't had a period. About 2 weeks ago I began seeing pinkish to dark brown spots. Should I be alarmed?

Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue May 22, 2007 4:18 pm

User avatar I would not be alarmed. Just keep in touch with your doctor should you have other symptoms (or lack of menses continues). You are probably experiencing some hormonal fluctuations and hopefully your body will regulate itself before long.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us