Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Burning sensation on penis skin after sex

 73622 - Mon May 21, 2007 8:55 am

I am a 30 year old male and have been celebate for the last 3 years, where i had been sexually active before. I have recently resume my sex life. I have over the last 3 years undergone alot of physical changes, ie i've lost alot of fatty weight and have gained muscular mass and am now alot leaner then i used to be. i am 68kg. I am healthy with no medical history.

For some reason, i think that my penis has in these years grown bigger and upon erection my skin is alot tighter then it used to feel when i have an erection.

Now, whenever i masturbate or have sex, a strip of skin 1.5 cm wideround my penis, located one inch below the base of the penis head, gets 'rubbed' and 'burns', but there is no blood, it hurts terribly and will heal two days after.

this problem does not occur when i wear a condom. Pls advice on what is wrong with me and what i can do?

Many Thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 21, 2007 3:30 pm

User avatar The skin area that is painful is likely being traumatized from friction. You may want to try some skin moisturizers to see if these may help relieve any irritation of the skin in that area.

If your symptoms persist I would recommend you see your doctor to see if there are any other treatment options.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us