Question: Burning sensation on penis skin after sex

73622 - Mon May 21, 2007 8:55 am

I am a 30 year old male and have been celebate for the last 3 years, where i had been sexually active before. I have recently resume my sex life. I have over the last 3 years undergone alot of physical changes, ie i've lost alot of fatty weight and have gained muscular mass and am now alot leaner then i used to be. i am 68kg. I am healthy with no medical history.

For some reason, i think that my penis has in these years grown bigger and upon erection my skin is alot tighter then it used to feel when i have an erection.

Now, whenever i masturbate or have sex, a strip of skin 1.5 cm wideround my penis, located one inch below the base of the penis head, gets 'rubbed' and 'burns', but there is no blood, it hurts terribly and will heal two days after.

this problem does not occur when i wear a condom. Pls advice on what is wrong with me and what i can do?

Many Thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 21, 2007 3:30 pm

User avatar The skin area that is painful is likely being traumatized from friction. You may want to try some skin moisturizers to see if these may help relieve any irritation of the skin in that area.

If your symptoms persist I would recommend you see your doctor to see if there are any other treatment options.