Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Could i be pregnant or whats wrong with me??

scaredgrl - Sun May 27, 2007 9:16 am

I am a 20 year old female! i was wondering if you can help me because i am worried with a little problem i have... about a month and half ago i had unprotected sex, my friend told me that its ok to take her pill and 3 of them would be like the morning after pill so i took 3 of her pills... the day after that, which was about 30-40 hours after my unprotected sex i went to my uni nurse to get the morning after pill so i think i took enough to stop anything happening.... i was due my period that week, and when i got my period it didnt hurt like it usually does! it was very light almost clear and didnt last any longer than 3 days, it usually lasts 5!!
i thought this was due to the pills... but then i got spots in my vagina, they were like blisters and quite sore.. but then they became itchy... i was worried i caught an infection? these spots went away after a week... but i was getting discharge! i was due my period at the start of this week but i havent got it yet.. but i did pass a VERY thick discarge that was like lumps of blood.. but it was very dark, even black!! no blood was coming out though.. this would only come out when i would wipe after been on the loo...
the lumps stopped after 2-3days, still didnt get my period! but i sometimes have a thick yellow discharge.... Whats wrong with me?
I did a test which said i am not pregnant.... please help me?? o i dnt have the sores any more
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun May 27, 2007 4:42 pm

User avatar Your symptoms are suspicious for an STD. At 6 weeks the home pregnancy tests are pretty reliable (>95% accurate) so it is unlikely that you are pregnant.

Taking the contraceptive pills probably caused a temporary change in your hormonal balance that changed your usual period.

The itching, discharge and sores are fairly suspicious for an STD or possibly a a yeast infection. I would recommend that you see your doctor to be tested for both. This way you can get an appropriate treatment.