Question: Watery Sperm please help :( ?

sponge2007 - Thu May 31, 2007 6:09 pm

Hi i'm 18 and wud say i'm healthy i have no stds as i go for check ups. I have a concern that my semen is really watery. i ejaculate quite far like kinda shoots out which i never seem to have a problem with and i feel i ejaculate a healthy amount of semen but it is very watery and is just like water and is not sticky just see through.. sometime is has white lumps in it but is very thin. Is there any reason for concern. I also noticed that my semen is very cold :S i do have a laptop and was wondering that exposure to heat could be the problem... i would like to know if its anythin worth worrying about.. thank you :)
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:09 pm

User avatar Sperm cells in semen are pretty sensitive to heat. This is the reason that the scrotum is outside the body rather than internal.

I've never heard of this before but theoretically if your laptop is heating up your scrotum it may be causing the sperm cells to die resulting in watery semen.

It may be worth a try to keep the laptop off your lap for a while and see if things change.

Keep in mind also that the normal constitution of semen can vary and at times may be watery. If there is still concern I would recommend that you see a urologist.

sponge2007 - Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:11 pm

thx for the reply :) somthin i did forget to mention is i masterbate like alot! mostly 3 times a day and sometimes more i have been known to go like 6 timez lol thinkin about it i think this cud be the problem and if so is it cause for concern and is very watery like runs down my hand kinda water bad??? it does have some lil white lumps but that about it... thx :)
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:24 pm

User avatar It may be that your testes simply are not able to keep up with sperm production.

While this isn't necessarily bad it may decrease fertility. I would expect, however, that if your output decreases the testes will be able to keep up again since there really isn't an issue with the testes (assuming this hypothesis is correct).