Question: erection problem and pain

afroitalian - Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:02 am

Hello. i am a very sexually active 26year old african/italian male. and have no problems with my penis size. i am the type that just needs to think about sex and get an erection only by thinking. recently me and my ex just got back together.. its been a little stressful cause keep having thoughts of her with another man.. well when we hooked up again it was no problem.. we has sex almonst everyday.. one day as we were having sex i lost my erection during the act(i will also admit that i smoked weed for the first time that day) and since that day i have been having problems. eg. my sexual organs don't feel the same, and i cannot seem to maintain an erection when i do have one. i am the type that has sex for 2 hours without any problems.. however i have had problems getting an erection immediately after having sex.. the second round... even just last night driving home my partener was giving me oral sex.. .and during this i lost my erection.. i felt sensitive but my penis would just not stay up.. what could the problem be.. is it stress.. is it physcological.. do i have physical problems.. i am desperate and don't really want to take any medications.. afterall i am only 26.. please help

ps. almost forgot usually after a lot of sex or masturbation i feel pain\itch in my urethra.. .could it .. sorry forthe long post.. i just wanted to be able to explain as best as i could
thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:22 pm

User avatar Many factors can contribute to your symptoms. Psychological/stress factors can be of huge significance but there may also be some hormonal issues. The hormonal issues are less likely since you are able to develop an erection normally.

I would recommend that you see a urologist for an evaluation. If your physical condition is found to be OK I would recommend you look into the psychological aspect of things. Try lowering your stress as much as you can. Seeing a counselor may also be of help if you desire.