Question: Irritated scrotum and penis after dettol use. Harmful?

M_Z - Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:52 pm

A few weeks ago I cleaned my scrotum and testicles with quite a bit of dettol and alcohol rub because I was with someone of suspect character (to put in nicely)... I didnt know that this was definately not wise,... as it stung quite a bit (even though it was diluted) and later led to peeling of the scrotal skin for several days after and red/irritated skin. Im wondering if its possible at all that I caused any damage by the stinging reaction I had. My sex drive and erections seem to be a lot weaker which is why I ask.

Thank you very much for your time
Best Regards,
Mike
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:17 am

User avatar I would be doubtful that you have caused any permanent damage, though risk of infection is always present when the skin has been damaged so watch for that. As far as your sex drive is concerned, I wonder if it is because of the negative associations of the treatment and the cause (unhealthy sex) that may be affecting you psychologically. If this is the case, it will likely be temporary. But, if not, you should see a doctor.