Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Premature Ejaculation

 TinTin78 - Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:44 am

i need help..! a the topic says, sometimes i ejaculate without even erection, went to a doctor in order to transfer me to a urologist and she said there is no need because there is nothing they can do, she gave me some advises i already knew like use double condoms and such..Pills? what kind?see a Urologist?a psychologist? ..thank you
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:10 pm

User avatar There are some medications that can be used, such as SSRI's (anti-depression medicines). Basically, it would be taking advantage of the side effect of delayed ejaculation with these types of medications.

There are several "training" techniques that can be used as well. A common, generally effective technique is to nearly reach ejaculation and then squeeze the penis tightly just below the edge of the glans. This will subside the urge to ejaculate. This should be repeated 3-4 times before ejaculation is allowed. It's a long process, but after about 5-6 months many men find they are able to prevent ejaculation too soon without needing the squeeze.

Best wishes.
 TinTin78 - Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:46 pm

Thank you very much.. one more thing is SSRI's (anti-depression medicines). sold over counter? do i need a prescription?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:47 pm

User avatar SSRI's are available by prescription only. Occasionally, doctors aren't familiar with this usage of the drug. If your doctor is not, the dosings can be looked up easily in most pharmacology books.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us