Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Gonorrhea & Erectile Pain

 Tanek - Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:56 am

Age: 24
Sex: Male
Current Medications: Chantix

I was recently diagnosed and treated for Gonorrhea and the possibility of Chlamydia. I recieved an injection along with two antibiotic pills I was told to take as soon as possible. I did this and my condition has improved drastically since then, this being 3 to 4 days ago.

However I have been experiencing a great deal of pain when I get an erection which is rather annoying seeing as this seems to happen randomly while i'm sleeping, I wake up in a great deal of pain. According to almost every symptoms list I could find for my condition, painful erections were no where to be found.

Does anyone know if this is a typical symptom of my condition? If so, since nearly all of my other symptoms have long disapeared, why am I still having this particular problem and when is it suppose to go away??
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:23 pm

User avatar This is not one of the more common symptoms; however, it may be related. I would recommend that you see your doctor again for repeat testing and evaluation. Resistant forms of gonorrhea and chlamydia are beginning to become more prevalent and it may be that you have not adequately treated the infection. It may also be that a deeper infection has developed.

If you are not able to determine the cause you may need to see a urologist for evaluation by the specialist.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us