Question: Gonorrhea & Erectile Pain

Tanek - Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:56 am

Age: 24
Sex: Male
Current Medications: Chantix

I was recently diagnosed and treated for Gonorrhea and the possibility of Chlamydia. I recieved an injection along with two antibiotic pills I was told to take as soon as possible. I did this and my condition has improved drastically since then, this being 3 to 4 days ago.

However I have been experiencing a great deal of pain when I get an erection which is rather annoying seeing as this seems to happen randomly while i'm sleeping, I wake up in a great deal of pain. According to almost every symptoms list I could find for my condition, painful erections were no where to be found.

Does anyone know if this is a typical symptom of my condition? If so, since nearly all of my other symptoms have long disapeared, why am I still having this particular problem and when is it suppose to go away??
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:23 pm

User avatar This is not one of the more common symptoms; however, it may be related. I would recommend that you see your doctor again for repeat testing and evaluation. Resistant forms of gonorrhea and chlamydia are beginning to become more prevalent and it may be that you have not adequately treated the infection. It may also be that a deeper infection has developed.

If you are not able to determine the cause you may need to see a urologist for evaluation by the specialist.