Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Lump on Penis

MikeDuke - Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:20 pm

Hi

I'm 18 years old male and I am a virgin. None of my family has ever had and sexuality problems.

I had a little pimple like bump on the shaft my penis and was only visible when I was erected ever since I can remember. I knew it wasn't an STD or anything like that because the only thing I've ever had ever done was mutual masturbation. However recently I found another one of the pimple like bump near the base of my penis. Can anyone please explain what this bumps are?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:35 pm

User avatar You may be seeing hair follicles or possible some blocked sweat glands. These bumps are quite common and are harmless.

If they begin to get bigger or become painful you should have them checked out.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us