Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: bleeding after sex

david098765 - Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:48 pm

i am 16 and have been having intercourse with my long term boyfriend for over a year now, i recently had my period and had intercourse on the last day of my period after sex i noticed that i was slightly bleeding from my vagina, intercourse was relitivly rough but it is always this way and this is the first time i am having any problems like this. now a month later i have missed my period and am worried that something is wrong? could someone please help and explain what this could be and what i can do?

thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:26 pm

User avatar There is of course the possibility that the missed period is because of pregnancy so you may want to get a pregnancy test. As for the bleeding after sex, on the last day of your period, I would not be alarmed about that. Could be a small blood vessel that burst along the vaginal wall due to the trauma which could happen at any time, or it could just be the result of some latent menstrual bleeding that started up stronger again because of uterine contractions which sometimes occurs with sex.