Question: Fiancee experiencing penile pain after intercourse.

dreanna - Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:16 am

For the past 2 years my fiancee (18) and I (19) have been intimate, we were both virgins and never had any other sex partners. We've been using a contraceptive film with spermicide because condoms always irritated me as well as him. We've been using the spermicide films for the longest with no irritations or problems at all (reactions and etc).

Just recently we were having vigorous intercourse like we usually do from time to time. He ejaculated and persisted to have me continue for him and myself to get the full enjoyment and possibly achieve another orgasm, well while I was on top of him "grinding" against him I should say, he told me he felt a pinching or a pain like sensation, we were fully lubricated and there was no friction. After I continued for a while he went flaccid. I dismounted and he went to the restroom to urinate and wash up, he then called me over and said he was in alot of pain, that it hurt to the touch. I asked if it was a burning, or a bruising pain and he couldn't really tell me anything except "It's too painful to really tell." and that it felt like something made its way down inside the urethra, even the opening looked red around the edge.

Could it be that when I was still mounted on him after he ejaculaed that the spermide dried up in the urethra from not dismounting right away as well as dried semen that didn't escape during ejacuation? It was painful for him to even walk, and he mentiond pain towards the middle of his penis as well as if something was stuck.

When I mounted him that day his penis felt more erect and longer than it normally does, maybe cause he was aroused more than usual, could it be that he was overly erect and it stretched something?

Note: This is the first time something like this has ever happened.

Sorry, I'm full of questions, I'm just curious and worried that its something I may have done, or if its something really serious. Any information would be helpful and appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:41 pm

User avatar It sounds a bit suspicious for an irritation, possibly due to an allergy to the spermacide. Another possibility would be some trauma during intercourse that irritated the nerves to the penis resulting in pain.

If the pain does not improve soon I would strongly suggest he be evaluated by his doctor.

Christophh - Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:51 am

Dreanna,

I know it has been awhile since your post (years in fact), however, I feel as though I have encountered a similar pain to that of your fiancee a long while back. It was the worst pain I have ever felt and it felt as if there was an obstruction that needed to be passed.

Can you tell me if you ever figured out what it was and how it was treated?

Also, if there are any other doctors aware of what these symptoms are suggesting, could you please give some information. I feel as though it might be kidney stones. I am 26, however.

Regards,

Christophh