Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: swollen penis

 whocaresanyway - Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:54 am

i am 27. when i woke yesterday i noticed that there was swelling just below the bell end of my penis. the swelling is still there today. i also have pain at the bottom of the shaft (almost the part next to the penis). i am circumcised and havent had sex for about 2 months.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:46 pm

User avatar You may have a skin infection of the penis. I would recommend you see your doctor since you will need some antibiotics if it is an infection.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us